Updated 18 March 2020
The safety of our customers, our staff and suppliers is our number one priority – the following measures have been put in place, effective immediately. These will be updated as more information comes in.
- Daily temperature checks. Any individual who shows signs of having a fever or a raised temperature will be asked to remain at home.
- Increased frequency of routine sanitation and handwashing and at the start and finish of every operational process.
- Routine sanitation and cleaning of all surface areas after the completion of each production phase.
- Employees are instructed to stay home from work if they even suspect any form of sickness, and are encouraged to get tested for COVID-19.
- Iterative reminders sent out to our workforce relating to our paid time off policy, encouraging warehouse staff not to worry about the financial implications if they are ill.
- Temporarily discontinued reusing boxes — effective immediately our drivers will not be able to accept any box returns.
- We're working with all suppliers to ensure similar precautionary safety measures are being taken in their facilities.
- We're working with suppliers and delivery partners to reduce the risk of contact at the site of delivery.
- Due to the uncertainty around the supply of specific products, there may be instances when weekly ingredients are substituted or removed from the recipe.
- Non-contact deliveries – drivers will ask customers if they can leave parcels at the door, floor, lobby or table. We've also informed drivers to sign on behalf of the customer.
- Hygiene reminders – we've scheduled frequent notifications reminding drivers to wash and sanitise their hands throughout the day.
- We’ll still make sure your box gets to you every week, with no-contact deliveries that are reliable and constant.
- If you are working from home or a different address, you can change your details on the Delivery tab in your account. You can also add special instructions, such as “Leave the box at reception” or “Contact me when my box arrives so I can collect it from my front door.”
- Implementing work from home protocols and systems that optimise for successful collaborative offsite operational participation, across the management team.
Whilst we recognise the importance of taking these precautions, multiple sources including the CDC and the WHO currently indicate the risk of transmission from food or surfaces is low.
"We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. However, it is always important to follow good hygiene practices (i.e., wash hands and surfaces often, separate raw meat from other foods, cook to the right temperature, and refrigerate foods promptly) when handling or preparing foods." (FDA.gov, 2020)
We’re here for you, and we believe that home cooking is important now more than ever — that’s why we will continue to deliver fresh, delicious meals to your door every week.
We are committed to communicating with you as often as necessary as the situation unfolds – please get in touch should you have any queries and we'll do our best to give you the information you need.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT DETAILS
- Tel: 021 447 4424 (from 9am – 6pm)
- Email: Contact Form